Monday, March 8, 2010

The Countdown Begins!

It is finally spring! The sun is out and the birds are chirping. I'm wearing short sleeves and it is just such a lovely way to start a Monday! In just five short days I will be leaving for New Orleans. I just have 13 classes, 2 midterms, 1 paper and a million errands standing between myself and the break. Yuck.

In honor of this beautiful day, I was thinking how great a really cold smoothie-esque drink would be. And I found one that I think would be perfect for this unofficial first day of spring!

Ingredients
1/2 banana, sliced
6 oz skim milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup ice, crushed
Directions
  1. Chop half a banana into slices, place in plastic baggy and freeze overnight. (Do the same with the other half and save for future shake. Trust me, there will be a future shake.)

  2. Gather ingredients.

  3. Place half banana (now chopped and frozen) into blender. Add 1/3 cup ice, 6 ounces of skim milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.

  4. Pour mix into tall glass. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon on shake.


enjoy!

xxosam

No comments:

Post a Comment