Follow by Email

Monday, March 8, 2010

The Countdown Begins!

It is finally spring! The sun is out and the birds are chirping. I'm wearing short sleeves and it is just such a lovely way to start a Monday! In just five short days I will be leaving for New Orleans. I just have 13 classes, 2 midterms, 1 paper and a million errands standing between myself and the break. Yuck.

In honor of this beautiful day, I was thinking how great a really cold smoothie-esque drink would be. And I found one that I think would be perfect for this unofficial first day of spring!

Ingredients
1/2 banana, sliced
6 oz skim milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup ice, crushed
Directions
  1. Chop half a banana into slices, place in plastic baggy and freeze overnight. (Do the same with the other half and save for future shake. Trust me, there will be a future shake.)

  2. Gather ingredients.

  3. Place half banana (now chopped and frozen) into blender. Add 1/3 cup ice, 6 ounces of skim milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.

  4. Pour mix into tall glass. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon on shake.


enjoy!

xxosam

No comments:

Post a Comment